The refreshing and relaxing scent of Basil is something that many of us have come to admire. As a member of the mint family, Basil is believed to have originated from India and areas of China, and it has a rich history throughout the world. It is also considered as one of the oldest and most versatile herbs still in use today.
How to use Basil Essential Oil:
- Diffuse to energize the body and stimulate mental clarity for enhanced alertness
- Diffuse or add to an aromatherapy inhaler and breathe in deeply to experience the effects of a calmer mind and clear mental focus
- Include in your diffuser blend to soothe your nerves and create a more peaceful state of mind
- Use in essential oil blends to deter insects and pests
- Add to DIY soaps and household products for an added burst of freshness and cleanliness
- Combine with Eucalyptus to inspire deeper breathing during the cold and flu season
- Combine with other essential oils to make a mosquito repellent.
With a strong herbal aroma, Basil Essential Oil presents a middle-top fragrance note that features a spicy, sharp, and almost licorice-like scent. Basil Essential Oil blends amazingly with Black Pepper, Cinnamon Bark, Ginger Root, Lavender, and Orange.